Tuesday, May 2, 2017

A Helpful Hand.

As requested, I have come up with a few helpful bits for the new mom. If you are a "veteran" mom you are more than welcome to join in on the fun and leave some helpful advice and tips in the comments.

So this weekend while doing the weekend grocery shopping, and I came across a set of books from the makers of Chicken Soup for the Soul. Since it is almost Mother's Day, there were about three to choose from. All of which are new and I am super excited about them!

I know that the Random Acts of Kindness isn't really Mother's Day related, but I'm positive it has some amazing stories.  I remember I came across this book line in about 6th or 7th grade when I was learning about who I was and who I wanted to be, and they helped me get through a good part of my junior high and high school years. This still has not changed. I may have gotten older, but I still need a moment of relief and this line of books do that. The stories are small enough to sneak away for a five minute breather.

Once motherhood came along, a breather was exactly what I needed from time to time. Thankfully I was gifted quite a few of these books while I was pregnant with Scott. The one that stuck out the most was the "New Moms" book. This has real stories of what it was like finding out you were pregnant, morning sickness, pregnancy health issues, delivery, and those first few months of new motherhood. To me this was a saving grace and somewhat of a scary book because I had no idea how to be a parent. The one I have looks like this...

Fast forward a few years, and I had decided to do the Stay at home mom thing because I felt that was the right thing to do at the time. There were days that were absolutely fantastic with tons of memorable moments and there were also moments where I wanted to pull my hair out and cry. Lets be honest, emotions are everywhere when you're a mom. I wouldn't change it for the world though. This particular book shares stories of the good, bad, and the ugly of being a stay at home mom. There's a lot more funny stories than there are sad ones. I recommended this to every mom who needs a pick me up. That book looks a little something like this...

These two are the only mom ones I have at the moment but for whatever kind of mom you are or plan to be there is one out there for you, my loves. I'll list a few of the others down below so you can take a look to see if they interest you. I know I want just about every single one of them even though I have never had twins, and because I have been on both sides when it come to being the very tired working mom and the crazy stay at home mom.



To those who are reading my post, I hope this find you well and if you do get a chance to read any of the titles, please let me know how they are I would love to know! To my mom friends, its ok to have a moment to yourself. You don't have to lose who you are because you brought beautiful child(ren) to this world. You can still be the awesome you that you are....only fueled with a bit more coffee. And remember you are doing the best you can and that you are awesome!


This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own and the products mentioned were purchased by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment